Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Week Seven.

Yup. It's almost been 7 weeks since I moved half way around the world. Somedays I just can't believe it. Life just gets so incredibly busy that half the time I feel like I'm still in Maryland, it's just 75 degrees warmer and the oceans are ACTUALLY blue. But I really do love it here and part of me would really love to stay here in this environment forever.

YWAM is changing my life. Wait. Rephrase. GOD is changing my life through the context of YWAM and it's super cool to see. Sitting under hardcore, bible based teaching every single day now has literally rocked my world. Things I didn't even know I struggled with have been and are being revealed and walls that I had placed around myself to cover up my sin have been completely broken. I'm a new person, with a softer heart and a more open mind. God is so good and SO faithful.

It hasn't been a walk in the park, though. There have been sleepless nights and tearful afternoons. This past week we learned about LORDSHIP. Oh my goodness. Ha. I'm such a prideful person, I realized! As our speaker was talking, slowly I could see the areas where God was not King in my life. One quote from the week that really stood out to me was this, "God does not want to share the throne of your heart with anyone. He wants it completely and all the time." That really hit home for me. There are so many areas of my life where I'm sitting on a little corner of my throne. It's super cool to see how God is changing me. I wish every person could come do a DTS cause I'm convinced no one ever is the same after these six months. It's truly life changing.

Now onto some everyday life catching up. It's just getting busier here. We just finished the brand new, three story base that has been in the works for the past 12 months. It's absolutely huge and holds the kitchen, cafe, eating area, staff housing, offices, conference rooms, auditorium and more. The faithfulness of God in completing this building is quite astounding! Our other building is almost finished and so we'll be moving into that very soon. We're kind of excited seeing as how fitting 60 people in one smmaalll classroom is not only uncomfortable but very hot. Your lucky if you can catch an air conditioning seat. You're literally RIGHT in front of the air con. It's like the arctic.

But it's been so good. The people here on my team are seriously some of my favorite people in the world, and are definitely becoming my best friends. I absolutely love doing everything with them. I'm so excited to have 4 more months with them and I can't even IMAGINE what it's gonna be like when this six months is over. But we're not gonna talk about that!

Next post, finances!

Much love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment